SDR Engineering Consultants, Inc. is currently seeking a senior bridge engineer in our office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Position involves leading, coordinating and completing bridge design and rehabilitation projects of various sizes and complexities. The major responsibilities will include bridge design analysis, structural modeling, technical report preparation, design drawing preparation, Non-destructive testing, and bridge condition/assessment inspections. The qualified candidate will also provide guidance and direction to junior engineers and coordination of project work.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Louisiana or the ability to obtain one.
• Minimum 10 years of progressive experience and responsibility in bridge design and plan production.
• Knowledge and experience with Design Manuals, Standards, and Specifications as well as ASSHTO LRFD. Familiarity with Louisiana DOTD standards and procedures is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in inspection and non-destructive testing/evaluation of bridges.
• Knowledge of standard engineering software including AutoCAD and MicroStation. Experience with AASHTOWare, MDX, RC-Pier, Midas and MathCAD is a plus.
• Possess leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and written skills.