SDR is looking for an Engineering Technician to be involved in CAD and fieldwork as follows:
The candidate will participate in the development of engineering drawings, bridge inspection, bridge fieldwork, and other related engineering activities.
- Inspections of bridges.
- Load testing of bridges
- Perform wood, concrete, or steel installations, repairs, and replacements in the field.
- Use AutoCAD or MicroStation to prepare plans and annotations for bridges.
- Assist with preparation of technical reports.
- Perform other engineering duties as needed.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Knowledge related to civil engineering.
- National Highway Institute (NHI) Inspection course is a plus but not required.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- A self-motivated worker and a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Should be able to travel for a few days consecutively
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.