SDR is looking for an entry-level bridge engineer to join our office in Tallahassee, Florida, or Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of bridge engineering as follows:
• Bridge design and analysis.
• Bridge load rating.
• Use AutoCAD or MicroStation to prepare plans and annotations for bridges.
• Bridge condition inspection.
• Load testing of bridges.
• Assist with the preparation of technical reports.
• Perform other engineering duties as needed.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
• Good knowledge of design manuals, standards, and specifications such as AASHTO LRFD, AISC, PCI is a plus etc.
• Knowledge of CAD software is a plus.
• Experience with software such as AASHTOWare BrR/BrD, MDX, LEAP Bridge Concrete, and MathCAD is a plus.
• Knowledge of structural analysis software and finite element analysis is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and self-motivation.
• Desire to work in a team environment.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is a plus.
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.