about SDR Engineering Consultants
SDR develops innovative solutions to build critical infrastructure and landmark projects.
SDR Engineering, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary firm, founded in 1992 to provide quality services in the areas of commercial and residential building construction services, structural design and rehabilitation and site development. The company has three corporate offices located in Louisiana, Texas and Florida.
SDR has enjoyed significant growth over the past number of years. This exceptional growth has been facilitated by the adoption of a quality-driven and cost-focused approach on behalf of our clients. SDR has a wealth of experience and a proven history in delivering projects on time and on budget. Our core philosophy is not to just meet our client’s expectations, but to exceed them.
- Buildings and Bridge Rehabilitation/Strengthening
- Land Development and Planning
- Failure Investigations
- Construction Inspection
- Rehabilitation and Strengthening
- Instrumentation and Short/Long Term Monitoring
- Integrity Through Action
- Leadership = Service
- Innovate Engineering
- Inspire Quality
Established in 1992 by Dr. Mohsen Shahawy in Tallahassee, Florida. SDR’s licensed engineers have cumulative bridge/structures engineering experience of over two hundred (200) years. We use our experience from over 35 years in bridge/structures design, evaluation, diagnostics, material science, long-term material performance, and testing to develop the optimum cost-effective alternatives.
SDR engineers are highly equipped to perform inspections and conduct load ratings of complex bridges and provide services in the instrumentation, testing, and monitoring of structures. SDR engineers combine a blend of expertise and advanced knowledge with hands-on experience to provide simple and effective solutions to complex problems.
Key personnel from the SDR team
Mohsen Shahawy, PhD, PE
Zhiyong "John" Liang, PhD, PE
Hatem "Tem" Seliem, PhD, PE, PMP
Adnan El-Saad, PE
Amir Botros, PhD, PE
- Award of Excellence presented by the International Concrete Repair Institute (Oct. 30th 2008) — Awarded in recognition of the repairs facilitated by SDR on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge trestle span.
- Award of Merit presented by the International Concrete Repair Institute (Nov. 8th 2018) — Awarded in recognition of excellence in the longevity of the repair performed by SDR ten years prior on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge trestle span.
- Mete A. Sozen Award for Excellence in Structural Research (formerly Chester Paul Seiss Award for Excellence) (2014) — Awarded to senior SDR staff member Dr. Seliem in recognition of excellence in research that advances the theory or practice of structural engineering.
- George D. Nasser Award — Awarded to Dr. Botros for the merit of the paper, “Dapped Ends of Prestressed Concrete Thin-Stemmed Members: Part 2, Design” published in the March-April 2017 issue of the PCI Journal.
- T.Y. Lin ASCE Award — Awarded to Senior staff member Dr. Botros.
- Bill Dean Award — Bill Dean Award (1995-1996) was presented to Mohsen Shahawy who has contributed to the technological advancement of bridge engineering and rendered distinguishable service to the department of transportation and the people it serves
- Bridge Design Manual Certificate of Special Merit — The precast/prestressed concrete institute, the technical activities committee, and the bridge design manual committee hereby convey their highest certificate of merit to Mohsen A. Shahawy for his contribution of the considerable talents to the writing of the prestigious bridge design manual, particularly for the authorship of chapter eighteen – load rating procedures and his contribution to chapter eight – design theory.
- Construction Institute Certificate — Construction Institute awards Mohsen A. Shahawy for the honorable mention applied research paper published in the journal of composites for construction in 2004 titled “Stay-in-place Fiber Reinforced Polymer Forms for Precast Modular Bridge Pier System”
- NASA Certificate of Recognition — NASA presents the certificate to Mohsen Shahawy for the creative development of technical innovation which has been proposed for publication as a NASA tech brief entitled fiber reinforced plastic (FRP) concrete composite structural members
- PCI Leslie D. Martin Award of Merit — PCI presents the Leslie D. Martin Award of Merit to Mohsen A. Shahawy for the outstanding technical publication “PCI Bridge Design Manual, Third Edition”
- PCI Certificate of Special Recognition — PCI presents the certificate of special recognition (1987) to the Florida Department of Transportation for the creative design utilizing precast and prestressed concrete in Eau Gallie Bridge
- TRB Certificate of Appreciation — Certificate of appreciation from Transportation research board of the national academies was presented to Mohsen A. Shahawy
• Our commitment to adopt a quality-driven and cost-focused approach is what motivates SDR to provide superior services and achieve growth through superior customer service, innovation, excellence, and commitment. Our core philosophy is to exceed our client’s expectations by delivering exceptional quality and service.
start your career now